Tabs

5.11.2017

Photo Tip Friday: Tips for Taking Great Mother's Day Photos

by Mary Denman              Twitter: @MaryDenman            Instagram:@MaryFDenman

With Mother's Day fast approaching, I wanted to share some tips for taking great Mother's Day's photos. With a little thought, you can add some special pictures to your photo albums. 

While it's great to get a family shot if everyone is together, think about some other pictures to take to remember the special day by. 

Pull your camera out and document the day! 

Let's get started. 





If the family is together, take a GROUP shot. 
Family photo

Then, take SIBLINGS together. In this case, I grabbed a shot of my daughters.
Sisters

If any of your kids are married or dating, get a COUPLES shot. 

Daughter and her boyfriend
Always be prepared for the FUN, BEHIND THE SCENES shots.

My kids messing around after the family shot

My youngest son taking a selfie with his sisters
Take candid shots of the fun and laughter!
I love this shot! 
Here are some other ideas for photos:
Take pictures of the food preparation and food. One day, you'll be glad you did.
If you give presents, take close ups of your mom opening the presents. Her reaction, her hands, the gift.
Family game time. 
Mom with her children and grandchildren. 

I do wish I had another Mother's Day to spend with my mom. But I'm thankful that I have wonderful memories of our time together. Too, I'm thankful that I have all my kids near enough to be able to get together with them. This may not always be the case, but I love it for now! 


Is there a particular memory of your mom raising you that's special?


TWEETABLE

Tips for Taking Great Mother's Day Photos (click to tweet)


BLOGS I JOIN FOR THE WEEKEND:
  



4 comments:

  1. Such lovely pictures Mary. I love the last shot too and the selfie one. I like capturing natural ones like this too. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a great Mother's Day Claire! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary, What beautiful photos. You have obviously got everyone very well trained over the years, including and especially the dog. Whenever we do anything like this our crazy poodle always ends up looking backwards at us! I'm sure your Mum was looking down on you with the biggest grin on her face! In fact in the last photo, I almost feel like she is there in the white flowers with her arms wrapped around the girls :)
    Have a lovely week
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete